Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Day of the Dead: It's a good thing we have a heavenly Mother.

..."Rarely they say to themselves, 'I, yes, also I, will die.  I will render an account to God of every day of my life, of every action, of every word, and even of every thought.  This time, only this time, is useful for me to gain merit, because from the moment when I will breathe my last I will no longer have time at my disposal.  From this world I can take nothing, absolutely nothing; I can bring nothing.  What stupidity, then, to chase after the things that pass, to search for momentary happiness, which soon disappears at the expense of eternity.'

Occasionally, these and similar thoughts ought to find a place amid the tumult of worries and troubles.  The month of November, the day of the dead, the religious rites for the departed, the visit to the cemetary: this is an occasion for these thoughts, serious and of primary importance....

It's a good thing that we have a heavenly Mother, the personification of Divine Mercy, the Immaculate.
  If you are tormented by the thoughts of life and passed sins, if you do not have the courage to look at what awaits you beyond the grave, offer yourselves totally to Her, without limit.
Entrust to her the entire problem of your salvation, your entire life, death and eternity.  Confess with sincerity and confide fully in Her, and you will know what is peace and happiness, the foretaste of heaven, and you will sigh for it.

If you have never experienced all this, test if its true and you will see."

Fr. Kolbe,  November 1925  (SK 1103)

No comments:

Post a Comment