Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Remembering the Goodness of God

The Fr. Kolbe Missionary community in West Covina, California wishes you all a very blessed Thanksgiving:

I am thankful to God for being a missionary, and for living day after day this marvelous adventure of spreading God's Word among the indigenous persons of Baja California and the many others I meet and serve day to day. I am thankful to God for being a member of an Institute guided by the spirituality of St. Maximilian Kolbe; I know that it will never grow old because of its capacity to adapt to the needs of every age. This is not an easy thing, but the heroic charity of Saint Maximilian makes it possible.- Maria del Rosario


My calling to consecrate myself to God is a total Gift, a mystery of his love. I will never fully understand it here. I thank him for this Gift which forms and challenges me each day to be more and more like Him.Ann

Thanksgiving day finds me truly grateful for all the many blessings that fill my daily life, and for the people and situations that help me see these blessings, especially when they come in "disguise." The celebration of my 25th anniversary of consecrated life took me back in time. I revisited the amazing circumstances that providentially led me to say "Yes" to God's love and invitation to be His for life and eternity. Thank you to all whom I have prayed, walked, and worked with in any place I have been: you have made my heart and my horizons so much wider! – Ada

O Lord, my God, how great you are! You have called me from my nothingness into something so beautiful that by myself I would never have found. Thank you, Lord for giving me such a gift of love ------ to be yours forever! May I be always aware and open to follow your lead and may others be so blessed as to find You and your gift of vocation!! - Rumela



I give special thanks to God for his fidelity, manifest in the many good missionaries, married couples, priests, and religious I’ve come to know in my life. This eternal fidelity of God gives me great hope, and allows me to give a resounding “Yes” to the invitation to follow him forever in the consecrated life as a Father Kolbe Missionary! – Jillian

This Thanksgiving I feel overwhelmed with a sense of elated joy and satisfaction because of the abundant love of God I have received from .my sisters in community, and from our friends, benefactors, and collaborators. It is such a gift and privilege, as well as a life-giving challenge to live this missionary vocation. Thank you to all of you for your prayers, loving encouragement, and collaboration in our mission! Wishing you and your family a blessed and joyful Thanksgiving celebration!Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment