Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Present for Jesus

"The Baby Jesus Jar"
 
Supplies:
Any old jar (I chose one with a lid so my young babes won't be able to access the $$)
Construction paper
glue
ribbon
 
 
I started by measuring out what size green paper we needed. Than we cut out four candles and all the little flames! The kids are super into gluing things right now, so they glued all the candles themselves! Then, they colored them with pink and purple crayons. My girl wanted ribbon so that it would looked pretty (I must say, it worked!). 
Then, we talked about what types of things they could do to make Jesus happy. Z is three, she said, "listening to mom, eating all dinner, being good, not moving at church, and being a big helper!" ALL VERY GOOD in my opinion! G, he's 2, said, "Eat food. Watch a show." hmmmm interesting........
Either way works for me. We talked about how important it is to share with others, including our money! In exchange for any good deed or behavior, we will put some coins in the   On Christmas you get to bring your jar to church and put it by Baby Jesus! Z you are SUPER excited by this! 
So far we have 85 cents....  More to come!

www.justaroundthebenz.blogspot.com

Mary Benz, MI, wife, and mother of three

No comments:

Post a Comment