Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Arizona to Texas

Last night we reached Albuquerque at about midnight, as anticipated. As we settled into our beds, however, we were given an extra gift. The phone rang, Julie answered; it was the front desk. Julie turns to me and says, "The man says we are suppose to be at the motel on Paisano?!"  I stared in disbelief, "Where are we?" passed my lips, as the exclamation, 'Oh my, we aren't in the right motel.' ran through my head.  

Sure enough. We were in the wrong place. To save ourselves $100/each, everyone through clothes on over their pajamas and trekked to the correct motel.  Such a kind group to forgive me readily. In fact, I was granted a mistake every state ---- but that one used them all up.  

Luckily, we made it through AZ without adventure, Texas is now flying past, and this mornings coffee purchased with Christmas gift cards lessened the blow. 

We attended Mass at the shrine of St. Bernadette, and prayed at the memorial for the Holy Innocence present at the "largest cross in the Western Hemisphere."  I believe the entire population would fit inside that cross, much more actually, as the 587 inhabitants undoubtedly would only fill up half of the beautifully grand white cross.  

The sun sets behind me, a brilliant blanket of orange upon the now black plain.  16 hours to go, not including stops.  Keep praying, and we will too!  

- Jillian 
and the others :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment